The Italian dessert par excellence: an unbeatable cream of soft ladyfingers, mascarpone cheese, coffee and cocoa. A crowd pleaser to enjoy with friends and family this Christmas!
- 1 Packet of Schar Savoiardi
- 200g Marscapone Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 4 Tbs Sugar
- 2 Tbs Rum
- 250ml Coffee
- 1 Pinch Cocoa Powder
- Beat 3 egg yolks with sugar, then add the mascarpone and rum.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the mixture.
- Soak the ladyfingers well in coffee; they should not be too hard in the middle.
- Arrange ladyfingers closely together in a flat glass or ceramic dish.
- Cover them with half of the mascarpone mixture, then add another layer of ladyfingers and top with another layer of the mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.